MPS Digital Photography Application Requirements
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university.
Note: All submissions become the property of the School of Visual Arts and will not be returned.
Portfolio: The Image Portfolio is the most important component of your application. It should represent 1–3 photographically cohesive bodies of work based on style, concept, and execution. Images may be derived from digital or film originals.
Total of 20 images on USB thumbdrive or via upload* formatted as follows:
- Digital images must be between 2000 to 3000 pixels in either width or height.
- 15 images as flattened JPG files
- 5 images with all Photoshop layers, channels, and paths intact submitted as either TIF or PSD format. If you are using Adobe Lightroom to process your files, please submit the 5 layered files with two layers - the original-before and the processed-after and label the layers accordingly.
- All images must be 8-bit. Please do not submit 16-bit or camera raw files.
- Images should be clean, sharp, color correct, sized and named correctly. We recommend naming the layers of the TIF or PSD files.
- Files must be labeled as follows: First initial, last name, underscore, sequence number, e.g., jdoe_01.jpg.
Files that disregard the above criteria will not be reviewed. Most importantly, only submit the work you are excited about!
* For complete upload instructions or any questions or concerns regarding portfolio submissions, please contact the department directly via email email@example.com.