In mid-March, right around the time of spring break, the spring 2020 issue of SVA Style was all set to be delivered to various campus buildings, offering the latest in SVA’s fashion- and art-related news and happenings to the College’s students and extended community. Then, COVID-19 happened.
Regardless of the challenges we still face, we’re all in this together, and the Visual Arts Press, SVA’s in-house design studio, which produces Style, wanted to make sure the publication still hit doorsteps, albeit virtual ones. So an SVA Style page has now debuted on Issuu—an online platform where anyone can read, share or download PDFs of the publication. And keep an eye out for specific features within that will roll out here over the coming weeks.
Here are some highlights from the spring 2020 SVA Style:
- An article about UNICEF-SVA's efforts to help local communities and more;
- A look into the De Stijl art movement, which influenced the work of famous artists such as Piet Mondrian;
- A must-have drawing kit illustration by BFA Illustration junior Sofiya Kuzmina;
- An "Inside My Art Bin" feature, spotlighting graduating students from different BFA programs;
- A look inside of some SVA students' residences, for SVA Cribs.
Additional thanks to the many SVA students who contributed to and worked on this issue, including Ariana Gupta (BFA Design), Winifred Jeng (BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects), Francisco Elias (BFA Illustration), Samantha Lee (BFA Design), Thistle Wise (BFA Illustration), Sky Morales (BFA Interior Design), Vickey Song (BFA Film), Miguel Steve Manrique Chirinos (BFA Illustration), Suramya Pathak (BFA Design), Freyja Baileykaze (BFA Illustration), Leo Levine (BFA Cartooning), Esther Jeong (BFA Visual & Critical Studies), Cody Silver (BFA Cartooning), Ming Wang (BFA Illustration), Asha Clements-Elliott (BFA Interior Design), Ella Cesari (BFA Animation), Sofiya Kuzmina (BFA Illustration), Ronna Raz (BFA Illustration), Jiaheng Wu (BFA Interior Design), Motoki Hirakubo (BFA Design) and Devaun Dowdy (BFA Cartooning).