WORKING MODALITY: This position requires onsite (in-person) work exclusively.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide general office support and serve as the primary contact for prospective student and public inquiries in SVA's Welcome Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming calls from the public to Admissions.
- Monitor, respond and forward email inquiries, retrieve voice mail messages, and service live chats daily.
- Greet and assist all visitors and provide general information on new student application policies and procedures regarding Admissions and Special Programs.
- Distribute personalized SVA materials to the public as requested.
- Monitor and maintain office supply of catalogs and recruitment materials. Conduct weekly material inventory.
- Receive and input visitor information into Salesforce database.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail to appropriate staff.
- Assist with the delivery of daily in-person and virtual campus tours.
- Participate in undergraduate recruitment events as needed.
- Assist in the planning of on-campus recruitment events including campus tours, Open House, Portfolio Day, and Accepted Students Day.
- Ability and willingness to work 4 to 5 weekend events annually.
- Train student workers on front desk coverage.
- Support the onboarding and training of Student Ambassador Tour Guides.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Interest in the goals of higher education.
- Strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and busy phone activity in a professional, patient, and friendly manner.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Strong computer skills: experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Salesforce are helpful.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as office needs dictate.
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1964463-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.