COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Administrative Assistant- Student Accounts
Position Overview: Support the Office of Student Accounts in its daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enter weekly refund vouchers and ensure accurate posting.
· Run nightly reports, including but not limited to billing and payment plans.
· Run semester-end reporting to assure the accuracy of billing.
- Assist with the Interruption of Studies process.
· Assist with the office email account.
· Assist with the in-house collections process.
- Assist with the distribution, reporting, and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Assist with student/parent inquiries via phone and in person.
- Manage the schedule hold process, including outreach and correspondence.
· Manage daily uploads to Cashnet.
- Manage honors waivers and course adjustments for account accuracy.
- · Oversee yearly Graduation Clearance list, reporting necessary clearance as directed.· Provide support with phones and office visitors.Provide back-up for the daily cash update, as needed, during staff vacation.
- Assist Director and Associate Director on assigned special projects as needed.
- College degree required
- Strong mathematical and written skills. Must specifically have the ability to resolve disputes and inquiries in writing with polish and poise, as well as proper grammar and a good vocabulary
- Prior Higher Education experience preferred
- Knowledge of Colleague preferred
- Familiarity with MS Excel/Word
- Strong organizational skills
- Poised, calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime and weekends as office needs dictate
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the College has instituted numerous educational innovations, including the selection of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields as instructors. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.