Position Overview: Engage, counsel, and enroll prospective students who will benefit from matriculation in the degree programs of the College. Represent the College at both in-person and virtual recruitment events across the country while working independently and as a member of a team.
Working Modality: This role requires both onsite (in-person) work as well as the willingness and ability to travel approximately 30% of the year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary contact for prospective students and applicants to the College. Counsel students, conduct portfolio reviews and promote the various undergraduate programs at SVA. Maintain in-depth knowledge of the curriculum, facilities, faculty, and alumni for each program.
- Represent SVA in virtual and in-person events, fairs, tours, and class visits.
- Perform administrative office duties such as data entry, filing, receiving phone calls, and answering a high volume of emails. Respond to online chat inquiries.
- Support Associate Director of Admissions as needed with customized outreach strategies that engage prospective students and applicants.
- Schedule and deliver in-depth presentations about the College at high schools and two-year colleges across the country.
- Represent the College at National Portfolio Day events, college fairs, and other recruitment events. Weekend work and travel are required throughout the fall and winter.
- Accurately maintain prospective student and applicant records in Salesforce' tracking contact points, outreach, and application materials.
- Evaluate and critique applicant portfolios. Review completed applications for admission and scholarship consideration.
- Review applications for transfer admission and evaluate transcripts to award transfer credit. Assist Manager of Transfer Admissions as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with instructors and department chairs at educational institutions across the country.
- Assist with the development and planning of teacher workshops, Pre-College projects, tours, and recruitment events.
- Maintain good working knowledge of policies across campus in order to assist applicants through the enrollment and registration process.
- Address inter-departmental staff and Department Chair inquiries as they arise.
- Maintain flexibility to perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in studio art or related field required; BFA preferred
- A minimum of 1-year related work experience.
- Interest and commitment to the goals of higher education in the arts
- Experience and comfort with public speaking; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel; flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as office or travel needs dictate
- Administrative and data entry experience; ability to work accurately and consistently with detailed information
- Knowledge of art, design, and visual culture and the ability to discuss these subjects with high school/college students
- Adaptable in stressful environments; responds well under pressure
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac platforms; proficiency with Salesforce, MS Word, Excel, Keynote, and social media platforms is preferred
- A valid driver's license is required
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position, please click on the link here.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.