Reports To: Controller
Position Overview: Assist the Controller in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, which includes but is not limited to the responsibilities outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the monthly close, reviews the monthly financial statements, and performs related analysis, including an executive summary.
- Supervises staff and assigns all general accounting functions. Responsible for professional development of staff.
- Institute and maintain a departmental P&L report for senior management.
- Manages the Accounts Payable department to include reviewing and issuing the weekly check runs, managing the bank uploads and computer systems.
- Review the Daily Cash Report and related analysis to ensure funding requirements are met.
- Prepare reconciliation of budget to internal financial statements.
- Analyzes and reconciles balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assesses the College's internal control environment and makes recommendations.
- Oversee the accounting of the Direct Lending program.
- Assist in the preparation of various required corporate tax filings.
- Prepare monthly calculations and forecasts of DOE and bank ratios.
- Manages the review and submission of property tax returns and grievances.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget and related analysis.
- Coordinates and supervises the year-end audits by working with the independent accounting firm, including regulatory agency audits.
- Assist Institutional Research with the completion of various educational surveys.
- Oversee the college's fixed assets and accounting system
- Program monthly management reports in Synoptix for distribution to Senior Management
- Performs special projects as required by Chief Financial Officer and Controller
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years accounting experience with cash management and reporting
- Minimum of five years managerial experience
- Public and private experience preferred
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it's like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1914777-318330.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.