DATE AVAILABLE: September 2021
Job Title: Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions
Reports To: Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Position Overview: Provide operational management of the Graduate application and admissions process. Maintain optimum data processing flow and access to Salesforce portals and department dashboards. Run decision notices, oversee temporary and student workers. Process enrollment fees and track capacity. Maintain data processing policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize applicant file production in Salesforce; manage the online exchange of files and documents with academic departments. Facilitate departmental decision entry.
· Work collaboratively as a member of the Graduate Admissions processing team, led by the Associate Director of Graduate Admissions.
· Develop and update procedures for entering and accessing data in both Salesforce and Colleague databases, Maintain a procedural wiki for Graduate Admissions.
· Assist in training and workflow management of Graduate Coordinators, ensuring projects are completed with accuracy and with respect for deadlines.
· Maintain reports and dashboards for leads, inquiries, applicants, recommenders and feeder schools. Fully update Graduate Admissions Dashboards in Salesforce for departmental access on an annual basis.
· Publish and maintain pages on the SVA website announcing Graduate info sessions, regional events and portfolio days. Assist in management of event registration.
· Respond to requests for information from academic departments.
· Receive, process and track enrollment fees and housing deposits based on enrollment and housing capacities.
· Field and distribute applicant inquiries as needed, including status checks, declined payment alerts and waitlist notices.
· Issue decision and registration letters for Director’s review. Facilitate timely delivery of these communications through postal mail and by email.
· Assist and oversee the hiring, training and supervision of student workers and temps.
· Assist with data entry as dictated by seasonal workflow including: prospect entry, applications, transcripts, test scores, portfolio submissions, international student documents, withdrawals, deferrals of admission, etc.
· Upload Graduate Admissions events attendance information to Salesforce.
· Collaborate with Graduate Departments to create registration forms for Info Sessions; provide weekly lists of registration forms for Info Sessions; provide weekly lists of registrants and collect post-event data.
· Liaise with staff from other departments including Student Accounts, International Students Office, Financial Aid, Registrar and Residence Life.
· Prepare letter templates, acceptance and registration packet documents, e-blasts annual edits for Graduate Admissions brochures and the applicant portal.
· Assist the Associate Director and VAP with periodic updates to SVA website. Review academic department sites to ensure the consistency of information provided to prospective students.
· Update Graduate Admissions databases and member listings on third-party websites as needed.
· Attend and record notes at Graduate Advisor Meetings.
· Attend and work recruitment events, both in-person and virtual
· Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Interest in the goals of higher education.
· Excellent organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail and accurate, efficient data entry skills required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience with Salesforce CRM and SlideRoom, preferred.
· Ability to learn new programs with ease.
· Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills; experience supervising staff or students preferred
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and perform well under pressure.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as office need dictates; some travel may be required.
· Passion for the arts and NYC.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
apply for this position https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1996534-318330
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.