Position Overview: Responsible for the due diligence of Federal Stafford and Federal Perkins Loan Programs. This includes all facets of 3-year Cohort Default Rate, conduct entrance and exit interviews, loan assignment, collection, skip tracing and aversion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the three-year cohort default rate under the Federal Stafford Loan program
- Provide statistical analysis on the college’s student loan cohort default rate on a regular basis
- Serve as a liaison with all respective federal servicer, lenders and guarantee agencies for borrowers who have delinquent repayment, deferment and or forbearance options
- Conduct entrance/exit interviews on federal student loans
- Update federal student loan servicer and update system of demographic changes
- Update institutional records on default and exit interview holds
- Update federal servicers on accounts in re-negotiation or in collection
- Have familiarity of the federal NSLDS web sites
- Review and resolve NSLDS error and delinquent borrower reports
- Prepare Perkins accounts to go to outside collection agencies
- Initiate the phone call, email, and letter series on delinquent loan borrowers as required by federal due diligence regulations affecting the 3-year cohort default rate
- Provide one-on-one counseling to student borrowers on repayment options
- Prepare mailing correspondence to students, lenders, guarantors and servicers
- Maintain pre-claims contact lists provided by federal servicers and guarantors
- Initiate default preventions to students
- Involved in reviewing and updating Policy and Procedure Manual
- Travel to meetings, training sessions and conferences as required
- Represent the department at special events (Open House, Orientation, Acceptance Student Day, Workshops, Etc.)
- Work evening and weekend hours as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate degree required. Bachelor degree preferred or 5 years of financial aid experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and computer skills
- Familiarity with Datatel software preferred
- Ability to crunch numbers and troubleshoot
- Extensive knowledge of all applicable financial aid regulations
- Superior attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Willingness to implement quality customer service strategies
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1551703/NY-New-York/New-York/Assistant-Director-of-Debt-Management.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.