Date Available: June 2021
Position Overview: Assist the Assistant Director with development and updates to Admissions processing policies and procedures; track all enrollment fees and housing deposits; provide support running digital decision letters; oversee student workers and temporary workers, and assist Assistant Director in supervising Undergraduate Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the supervision and training of Undergraduate Admissions Coordinators and Admissions Student Assistants.
- Receive and process application fees, enrollment deposits, and housing deposits and track deposits for targeted maximum enrollment numbers for the college. Communicate with the Admissions management team accordingly.
- Notify and follow up with applicants regarding declined payments and waitlist status.
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop policies and procedures for processing mail and applications.
- Assist with merging and running of decision letters.
- Meet and greet visitors to the processing office and receive all incoming mail and deliveries.
- Assist with data entry as dictated by workflow including prospect entry, transcripts, test scores, portfolio submissions, international student documents, withdrawals, deferrals of admission, etc.
- Liaise with staff from other departments including Student Accounts, International Student Office, Academic Advisement, Registrar, and Residence Life.
- Edit and prepare digital acceptance and registration notifications, revision notices, scholarship notices. Collaborate with the Assistant Director to disseminate notices.
- Keep communication and written copy in digital notices accurate and in strong connection policies and information on the SVA website. Periodically update all template correspondence as needed.
- Upload prospect and pre-prospect files into the CRM using a batching software; associate imported records with Salesforce campaigns.
- Monitor the receipt and uploading of electronic applicant materials, including transcripts, evaluations, test scores, and online applications in Salesforce.
- Attend and assist with promotional events for Admissions.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Interest in the goals of higher education preferred.
- Excellent organizational as well as oral and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accurate data entry skills required.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and/or Datatel Colleague preferred.
- Confidence in technology and learning new software and web interfaces.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and perform well under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as office need dictates.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1844598-318330
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.