JOB TITLE: Assistant to the Chair
DEPARTMENT: MA Curatorial Practice
REPORTS TO: Chair
Responsible for assisting with all aspects of the daily operation of the Department, maintaining student and department records, supporting the Chair on all administrative aspects of registration, maintaining the Department website, and assisting with other department projects. This requires a proactive, detail-oriented, and professional approach to all the activities outlined below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general administrative support for Chair, including coordinating and maintaining budget, working on financial planning and processing of payments.
- Answer telephones, take and distribute messages, distribute mail, schedule appointments and meetings.
- Meet and assist students and visitors.
- Maintain department, faculty and student files for Chair as needed.
- Work with Chair on all communications with faculty, students, staff, other SVA departments, outside partners and vendors, and Department mailing lists.
- Support Department website and social media presence.
- Work with Chair on production and distribution of promotional materials in print and online.
- Provide support to students for their exhibitions and other curatorial projects.
- Oversee Department curatorial equipment, including maintenance, sign out, and return.
- Assist with proper functioning of office equipment in the Department.
- Assist with any other Department administrative tasks as needed.
- BFA or BA required.
- Mac skills required
- MS Word, Excel, Photoshop.
- Strong organizational and people skills, as well as a professional phone manner.
- Ability to interact with all levels of administrative staff, faculty, students, visitors and prospective students.
- Excellent writing, email, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain focus, be detail oriented, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Experience in a higher education environment and background in the arts strongly preferred.
To apply please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1947032-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.