POSITION OVERVIEW: The MFA Fine Arts Department at the School of Visual Arts seeks a dynamic arts professional to manage our facilities and finances, support students and faculty, collaborate with the Academic Advisor and Program Coordinator on projects, and assist the Chair as needed. Candidates should have expertise in academic or arts administration, experience supporting diverse communities, strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and a background in contemporary art. Artists are encouraged to apply.
● Administrative offices: ensure that offices are organized, furnished, equipped and supplied.
● Equipment Library: hire, train and supervise student workers; ensure that inventory is well-organized and carefully maintained; purchase equipment as needed.
● Media Studio: hire, train and supervise student workers; produce signage and instructional guides; purchase equipment and supplies as needed.
● Studios and public areas: hire, train and supervise student workers; coordinate maintenance and repairs; ensure that health and safety policies are observed.
● Coordinate with IT to provide ongoing support for instructional and administrative technology.
● Work with Chair to draft and manage departmental budget.
● Track and reconcile expenses.
● Reconcile departmental credit card reports.
● Process check requests, expense forms and timesheets.
● Expertise in academic or arts administration.
● Experience managing offices and facilities.
● Expertise in budgeting, bookkeeping and related financial operations.
● Experience working within culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
● Broad knowledge of media production and presentation technologies, including cameras, lenses, lights, audio recorders, microphones, displays, projectors, scanners and large-format printers.
● Proficiency with key administrative and creative software platforms, including macOS, Google Apps, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere.
● Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills: detail-oriented, meticulous, friendly, compassionate, articulate.
● Knowledge of contemporary art practices, discourses and institutions.
● BA, BFA or BS required, MFA, MA or MS preferred.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1918702-316633.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.