POSITION OVERVIEW: This position will assist both offices within the SVA Talent Registry. Primary responsibilities will be to assist the Casting Coordinator with the day-to-day tasks of the Casting Office, which books and recruits talent for numerous academic instructors, as well as providing administrative support to the Model Registry. This position will work with both Casting and Model Registry offices to provide talent utilized in animation, film, and production classes (Casting) and talent utilized in fine art and photography classes (Model Registry). The goal is to provide an inspiring classroom experience as required by the students and faculty of the School of Visual Arts. Requires sensitivity and appropriate handling of confidential information and a professional, proactive, and organized approach to the responsibilities outlined below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the scheduling of actors and models for a large volume of classes per week based on instructor requirements, as well as student and instructor projects
- Answer phones, take messages and handle inquiries from instructors, talent (models/actors/dancers), and students.
- Contact instructors, students, and talent regarding assignments and class needs
- Ensure that there are a sufficient number of qualified independent contractors available to cover SVA's needs.
- Maintain a detailed FileMaker Pro database which includes course, booking, instructor, and contractor information
- Assist with payment of contractor invoices, including check distribution and direct deposit.
- Collect and analyze contractor reviews to facilitate booking the most appropriate person for each assignment.
- Work with students in-class and privately to assist with the casting process for student films and projects.
- Assist in conducting auditions to add talent to the database (including assisting in coordinating with a yearly actor mixer) and mock auditions with students so they may learn the basics of the process, including best practices.
- Assist the Casting Coordinator with SAG-AFTRA issues to assist the students in filing their films with the union.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse group of people with poise and maturity
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, MS Word, Excel (Mac Platform).
- Working knowledge of computerized databases or scheduling systems. Strong experience with FileMaker Pro (database software) preferred
- Familiarity with basic camera equipment and editing software
- Experience in Casting and/or an artistic/academic environment a plus.
To apply, please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1930639-318330.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.