COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Circulation Manager - Evening
POSITION SCOPE: Supervises the evening and weekend operation of the SVA Library circulation department including student worker supervision, maintenance of library collections, and circulation-related patron needs at the Main Library and SVA Library West. Schedule is Sunday 12:00-8:00pm, Monday-Thursday 2:00-10:00 pm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Co-supervises 12 part-time student workers including student circulation managing assistants responsible for overseeing the library when circulation management is not available. Hires, trains and monitors the performance of these employees.
● Oversees the maintenance of library collections and facilities ensuring that all library materials are charged, discharged and shelved efficiently.
● Resolves issues regarding overdue fines, lost materials and other special circumstances.
● Co-maintains circulation and student worker statistics.
● Co-maintains circulation records for all library users using Alma library software and information from Colleague, SVA’s administrative computing system.
● Co-coordinates with Office of Academic Advisement regarding clearances of library holds for seniors prior to their graduation at end of spring semester in addition to interruption of studies notices.
● Regularly processes trace forms for missing materials.
● Schedules student workers for the semester and maintains weekly desk schedule.
● Keeps track of student hours and submits timesheets for all work study and part time student workers.
● Plans and executes collection shifts in coordination with daytime circulation manager.
● Coordinates with other library staff as needed for developing and maintaining special library displays.
● Meets with supervisor to set and implement departmental goals concerning policies and space needs.
● Participates in library space planning for circulation-related and public areas.
● Other special tasks and projects as determined by supervisor.
● BA/BS degree (preferably art or humanities related)
● Supervisory experience
● Solid working knowledge of Mac & PC computing systems
● Detail oriented and highly responsible
● Must be self-directed
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal and problem resolutions skills
● Previous library experience desirable
School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the faculty has been comprised of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No walk-ins or phone calls please. The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.