Part time, three days per week
The Communications and Projects Coordinator is a part-time role dedicated to the leadership, planning, design, and development of departmental partnerships and projects. The Communications and Projects Coordinator acts as the voice of the department in the digital space through creative work with the community.
· Leading and coordinating communications, including the department’s presence on social media, the department’s editorial voice on the department blog, recruiting materials, and press communication
· Working on special projects as needed, such as student gallery shows and exhibitions of work in the department
· Managing department publications in digital and in print
· Managing student workers on media-related student projects in conjunction with Director to Operations
· Working with students to post student projects to department website in a timely fashion after courses end
· Managing department and public workshops, including coordinating relationships, liaising funding with Director to Operations, managing setup and attendance, and coordinating student involvement
· Assistant in planning and managing the communications and operations for events, assisting the Chair and staff in major events
· Coordinating with students to streamline their posts to department communications, including department website and social media (e.g., Instagram)
· Managing the communications and special project budget needs with the Chair and Director of Operations
· Advising and cultivating student interest in all of the above
· Outstanding communication skills
· Experience with fundraising and/or sponsorship efforts
· Have helped launch multiple digital projects
· Experience nurturing and building relationships over time
· Ability to work independently or collaborate across teams
· Have experience publishing via one or more CMS platforms
· Bachelors or Masters in Arts Administration, Design Management, or commensurate experience
· Active social media presence or commensurate curiosity and/or experience with it
· Stellar writing and editorial capabilities
· Fastidious about detail and opinionated about it
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Please click on the link to apply https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1609095/NY-New-York/New-York/COMMUNICATIONS-AND-PROJECT-COORDINATOR
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.