Coordinator of Alumni Affairs and Development
Responsible for providing a breadth of administrative support to the Alumni Affairs and Development office and the SVA Alumni Society. Under the supervision of the associate director, assist with daily operations including serving as office's first point of contact and handling day-to-day alumni inquiries; database administration; development operations; departmental programs and events; and providing general assistance to the director and associate director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Alumni Affairs and Development office; respond to requests via email, phone and in-person
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of data in the Raiser’s Edge alumni and donor database, including updating constituent and gift records, researching alumni employment information and managing ongoing efforts to obtain current contact information
- Conduct general office administration as required
- Assist with documenting communications and interactions with alumni and inputting information about alumni exhibitions and other career news into Raiser’s Edge
- Assist with the alumni affairs section of the Visual Arts Journal, including preparing information about alumni exhibitions and other career news
- Execute extensive research, data mining and list pulls for a variety of institutional needs
- Generate queries, exports, reports, lists and other ad hoc requests as needed
- Enter all donor gifts into the database and prepare donor acknowledgment letters
- Assist with the monthly alumni e-newsletter preparation
- Assist with the annual appeal and Alumni Scholarship Awards program administration
- Assist with event RSVPs and attendance tracking, including the preparation of the Raiser’s Edge Events module and Online Express registration pages
- Assist with departmental events
- Assist with the annual import of the graduating class and NCOA updates
- Provide general assistance to the director and associate director as needed, and complete special projects and duties as assigned
- Work some extended hours on evenings and weekends, as required, including department events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum three years experience in not-for-profit or higher-education administration
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge required; knowledge of Blackbaud suite of products a plus, including the Events and Membership modules, NXT and Online Express
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; knowledge of G Suite, online content management systems and online research a plus
- Experience in a variety of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Strong organizational, project management, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Must exhibit a high level of initiative and follow-through, including the ability to work independently and collaboratively as required
- Propensity for creative problem-solving and the ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Able to represent the College and the department in a professional manner
- Familiarity with visual arts and design industries preferred
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.