Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Date: June 2020
Job Title: Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Department: Office of the Provost
Reports To: Provost
Position Overview: Reporting to the Provost, the Director will engage instructional staff, faculty, and students to foster a culture of inclusiveness at the college. The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will provide strategic leadership and guidance towards implementing the goals of the Strategic Sub-plan on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the executive leadership team of the College to set and advance strategic priorities and policies related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop, manage and execute projects in support of diversity, equity and inclusion goals set by SVA’s Strategic Plan in collaboration with offices across the college, including the Office of Student Affairs, the International Student Office, the Office of Disability Resources, Admissions, Alumni Affairs.
- Collaborate with the Office of Learning Technologies to develop online resources for faculty, instructional staff and students.
- Lead and support highly visible educational events and activities for the college community and the public to foster a culture of openness and dialogue with respect to prominent issues relating to the intersection of diversity, equity and inclusion within the fields of art and design.
- Consult and advise department chairs on approaches to increase diversity in faculty hiring and broaden representation within the curriculum.
- Meet one-on-one and in groups with students to address issues of concern and serve as a resource for faculty and instructional staff on issues related to diversity and inclusion.
- Maintain a regular schedule of ongoing small-group workshops for faculty and administration.
- Foster community relationships and create access pathways for local, traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Expand upon institutional partnerships that advance the diversity, equity and inclusion goals of our Strategic Plan.
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred;
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible diversity and inclusion related leadership experience in higher education and/or fields of art and design;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with the development and implementation of training programs for faculty, staff and students;
- Ability to set benchmarks, analyze data and assess progress towards institutional priorities.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.