COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Editorial Assistant- Academic Affairs
POSITION OVERVIEW: The individual in this position will support the curriculum coordinator and editorial associate with organization and preparation of course listings and print publications as well as coordinate faculty profiles for the College’s website.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research professional information pertaining to faculty profiles
- Compile faculty profiles and upload to website
- Correspond with faculty and administrative staff regarding the publication and updating of faculty profiles
- Upkeep of department faculty database
- Assist in day-to-day operations, including proofreading of course information for SVA publications
- Manage office calendar and supplies
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Excellent English language and proofreading skills. Attention to detail essential
- Strong organizational skills and professional phone manner
- Ability to work independently, maintain focus and manage detail in a busy environment
- Macintosh computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the College has instituted numerous educational innovations, including the selection of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields as instructors. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.