Position Overview: Responsible for processing semi-monthly Faculty payroll,
generating and distributing approximately 2,200 contracts for all undergraduate, graduate and continuing education Faculty, ensuring accuracy and adhering to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly faculty payroll for over 1000+ employees using our in-house payroll system, Colleague by
- Responsible for the full-cycle faculty contracts process (creation, review, distribution, update, and maintenance).
- Create and maintain faculty contract database to ensure all exceptions are captured and
- Ensure all required faculty new hire documents have been received and filed in compliance with company policy and DOL
- Set-up new hire profiles in the payroll system for faculty pay
- Update and maintain faculty sick leave balances using dedicated tracking system and provide balances to active faculty each pay
- Provide support in processing faculty absence reports and substitute
- Responsible for the full cycle preparation, processing, and reconciliation of web requisitions using E-forms and Colleague
- Work with Payroll Manager to maintain necessary payroll reporting
- Responsible for creating and adhering to contract timelines established by management, to include the following: distribution dates, President's review, and payroll processing.
- Support Payroll Manager in maintaining clear and concise communication with
- the Registrar Office, academic and Continuing Education
- Deliver training to academic departments on faculty contract
- Edit Faculty Quick Guide on an annual basis to reflect current benefits, policies and
- Process and monitor all employee/computer store
- Monitor faculty email
- Support payroll team with processing unemployment requests and verifications, taxes, direct deposits, address changes, W-2 preparation and
- All other duties as
- Bachelor's degree required; prior experience processing faculty contracts Experience in higher education a plus.
- 3-5 years experience processing payroll for over 1000+ employees using a computerized automated payroll system.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, and hands-on Microsoft Office
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to
- Ability to handle confidential
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and willingness to work flexible hours during peak periods with
To apply please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1953551-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.