Faculty Contracts Administrator
Position Overview: Responsible for processing semi-monthly Faculty payroll, generating and distributing approximately 2,200 contracts for all undergraduate, graduate and continuing education Faculty, ensuring accuracy and adhering to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process semi-monthly Faculty payroll for over 1000+ employees using our in-house payroll system, Colleague by Ellucian.
· Responsible for the full-cycle Faculty contracts process (creation, review, distribution, update, and maintenance).
· Monitor Faculty email box.
· Create and maintain Faculty contract database to ensure all exceptions are captured and documented.
· Set-up new hire profiles in the payroll system for Faculty pay group.
· Ensure all required faculty new hire documents have been received and filed in compliance with company policy and DOL regulations.
· Update and maintain Faculty sick leave balances using dedicated tracking system.
· Provide support in processing Faculty absence reports and calculate substitute payments and deductions based on report.
· Responsible for the full cycle preparation, processing and reconciliation of Web Requisitions using E-forms and Colleague system.
· Work with Associate Director/Payroll Manager to maintain necessary payroll reporting requirements.
· Responsible for creating and adhering to a contract timeline established by management, to include the following: distribution dates, President’s review, and payroll processing.
· Support Payroll Manager in maintaining clear and constant communications with academic department assistants, contacts in the office of the registrar and continuing education.
· Deliver training to academic departments on faculty contracts process.
· In charge of editing the Faculty Quick Guide on an annual basis to reflect current benefits, policies and procedures.
· Prepare and or assist with the processing of employee/computer loans.
· Support payroll team with processing, taxes, direct deposits, W-2 preparation and printing if required.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required; prior experience processing faculty contracts preferred. Experience in higher education a plus.
· 3-5 years in-house experience processing payroll for over 1000+ employees using a computerized automated payroll system.
· Prior experience with payroll tax set-up for new employees.
· Strong organizational and communication skills. (oral and written)
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, and hands-on Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to handle confidential materials
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and willingness to work flexible hours during peak periods with autonomy.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.