COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Front Office Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for managing the daily frontline operations of the Computer Art Department. This requires a proactive, professional approach to all of the activities outlined below.
WORK SCHEDULE: Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM, 12 noon- 8 PM or 4 PM - 12AM depending on the day of week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greet all students and visitors and enforce access policies to the facility and individual labs.
· Perform equipment check-in/out (production equipment and accessories, including cameras, tripods, etc.).
· Perform routine equipment maintenance and evaluations of production cameras, projectors, tripods and light kits and/or oversee the process of sending the damaged items out for repair.
· Facilitate the readiness of the entire department for classes on a daily basis.
· Coordinate and distribute instructor materials as needed.
· Maintain supplies for front office including toner, ink, paper, general offices supplies, etc.
· Maintain active inventory of all student production equipment and inform the Director of Operations when inventory is low or damaged (bulbs, spare parts, etc).
· Prepare and conduct equipment demonstrations.
· Assist the director of operations in all day-to-day operations of the department and special events including exhibitions, orientations, and open houses.
· Act as a point of contact with respect to necessary building repairs (i.e., plumbing, lights, electrical) in Computer Art facilities. Apprise Director of Operations as to problems, and progress of current repairs.
This position will be responsible for one of the following duties -
· Supervise and train student lab assistant workers. Create and maintain lab assistant schedules, work with the Director of Operations and Systems Administrators to coordinate special training sessions, work with the Director of Operations to coordinating lab assistant evaluations, review and confirm the weekly work hours reported by lab assistants and prepare the time sheets.
· Bachelors degree required.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Administrative and/or managerial experience preferred.
· Ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
· Knowledge of basic cross-platform computer skills required; Adobe CC experience preferred.
· Internet and e-mail proficiency a must.
· A/V experience and equipment management preferred.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu. Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins or phone calls, please. The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.