COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Position Overview: Process a high volume of prospective student inquiries, applications and applicant materials to the college’s graduate programs. Answer inquiries received by phone and email. Track applications and applicant data for review and respond to applicant questions. Assist in the daily operations of the Admissions Office by providing general office support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Input graduate applications and materials into the College’s Salesforce CRM and Colleague database.
· Develop and maintain prospective student records.
· Perform other data entry and data cleansing tasks related to Graduate Admissions.
· Answer inquiries received by phone and in the general Graduate Admissions email account.
· Provide support to applicants throughout the application and enrollment process.
· Meet and greet visitors to processing office and receive all incoming mail and deliveries.
· Track and complete all graduate applications in preparation for committee review.
· Assist in the daily operations of the Admissions Office, including general office support such as filing, photocopying, mailing projects, data entry and digital imaging/archiving of enrolled student files.
· Input and maintain records of attendees to various promotional events, such as Graduate Information Sessions, campus tours, and Portfolio Days.
· Attend and assist with Graduate and Undergraduate promotional events.
· Assist with the training and supervision of temporary and student workers.
· Track ongoing processing changes and update the Admissions Processing wiki.
· Perform other duties as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Significant data entry experience, excellent computer skills and an ability to learn new programs with ease.
· Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible and hard working.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to collaboratively interact as a member of a team.
· Effectively multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends as office needs dictate.
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the College has instituted numerous educational innovations, including the selection of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields as instructors. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.