POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide technical support. This position will be responsible for maintaining the desktop environment and all of its connected devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Track user account creation, changes, and deletions.
- Record activities and troubleshooting in the Communications Book.
- Install and configure standard applications.
- Setup printers and hardware peripherals.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in timely
- Attend all DIC staff meetings.
- Undertake miscellaneous projects in addition to regular helpdesk duties.
- 3+ years Macintosh work experience is a plus.
- 1+ years experience with the following software is preferred: Adobe Master Suite, Microsoft suit, and FileMaker Pro database.
- Basic understanding of hardware. (Apple computers, printers, scanners, and digital cameras)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers, and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum, and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position, please click on the link here.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.