COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
The School of Visual Arts seeks an experienced Instructional Designer to report to the Director of the Office of Learning Technologies. The incumbent will advance the educational goals of the College through application of sound pedagogical principles combined with meaningful use of technology.
· Working with faculty and other subject matter experts to design and produce effective in-person, online, and hybrid learning experiences
· Providing training and technical support on a variety of learning and communication technologies such as LMSs (Canvas by Instructure), related LTIs, survey tools, Gmail Suite, etc.
· Supporting effective processes and new systems to enhance interdepartmental communication and collaboration, enhance feedback loops, and provide metrics reporting and analysis
· Developing and delivering faculty workshops (in-person and online) covering training on a variety of online tools and pedagogical principles
· Staying abreast of emerging learning technologies and evolving standards in educational practice and design
· Participating in outreach efforts to faculty, staff, and students to advance the work of OLT
· Assisting the director with special academic affairs projects and managing administrative tasks as needed
• Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Demonstrated experience developing online and/or blended educational programming
• Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to both create and manage deadlines in long-term projects with multiple delivery dates
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; in-person and/or on-screen training skills
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent, a minimum of 4 years of related experience
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Familiarity with programming concepts and techniques
• Experience designing and developing for mobile devices
• Knowledge of visual arts training techniques
• Experience developing metrics for assessing academic services and student success
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or calls please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.