Lab Assistant for VFL
Maintain department network and computers
Part-time, 20 hours per week, year-round (additional hours as required during peak periods)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain local computer network for the lab
- Install, update and maintain all software necessary for lab operations each year
- Assist with repairing and replacing computers and computer components as necessary
- Assist with technology forecasts for lab planning and budgeting
- Liaise between IT and the VFL to ensure that the lab meets all standards and expectations
- Maintain audio/visual equipment
- Install, update and maintain all new A/V equipment necessary for lab operations each year
- Assist with A/V forecasts for lab planning and budgeting
- Maintain, update and support lab website and social media accounts
- College degree in technology or design-based field
- Minimum two years experience administrating networks and maintaining computers
- Proficient in Mac- and PC-based systems
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of lab/fabrication software, A/V equipment and network
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.