Lab Assistant (overnight) for Digital Imaging Center
We are looking for a competent overnight assistant to support all aspects of administration and organizational skills. The team will count on you for various crucial tasks, from monitoring the labs and equipment during overnight shifts.
Hours: Monday–Friday, 12 midnight - 6am (30 hours)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions
- Ensure classrooms cleanliness and that cleaning criteria and requirements are met
- Ensure that labs are secured, storage and facilities locked
- Comfortable working on the floor alongside direct reports
- Perform administrative work (answering phones, paperwork, etc.)
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and execute
- Report incidents to security and the lead manager
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve defined goals on time
- Two or more years of experience in retail, warehousing, production or team-oriented environments
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new processes
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.