POSITION OVERVIEW: Assist students, faculty and staff in the use of computers with a specialization in Apple computers and software. This includes the following responsibilities:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage 7 Mac computer labs (150 workstations)
- Provide first-tier support for students, faculty and staff on macOS and iOS and Windows
- Provide macOS support for specialty studio spaces (Green Screen Studio, Color
Grading Suite, Sound Mixing Room, Conference Room)
- Manage macOS software deployments via JAMF Pro
- Research software and hardware to inform purchase and production decisions
- Maintain Mac-related hardware and software inventory
- Facilitate Apple hardware repairs
- Lead Mac workshops for student employees and staff
- Supervise student employees as needed
- Interface with SVA IT for troubleshooting and department security policies
- Attend weekly administration/systems staff meetings
- Work with other Systems Administrators on the maintenance, installation and continuous operation of all software, hardware and networks on both PC and MAC platforms
- Bachelor's degree required
- Extensive knowledge of macOS and Apple hardware
- Working knowledge of JAMF Pro, large-scale hardware and software deployments
- Understanding of working in a cross-platform (Windows and macOS) environment
- Experience in a similar role in an animation, film, post-production studio or higher
education environment preferred
- Understanding of CG, VFX and render pipelines preferred
- Working level experience of color grading and finishing workflows preferred
- Basic knowledge of Blackmagic and Canon camera equipment preferred
Please click on the link to apply:https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1967389-318330.
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.