COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Maintenance Technician (day, midnight and rover shifts)
Responsible for performing mechanical repairs
Day, midnight and rover shifts
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frequently check the SVA maintenance work order system
- Repair and treatment of floor, showers, sinks, walls, roofs and carpets
- Cleaning of roof gutters
- Performing minor repairs and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets, door hinges
- Performing minor plumbing and electrical repairs, as well as light carpentry
- Set up classrooms for use
- Cleaning and replacement of filters on various HVAC units
- Changing light bulbs and ballasts
- Moving furniture and equipment
- Responding to web-based service requests
- Responding to emergency calls
- Maintaining work logs
- Processing service request
- Assisting with special construction projects
- Perform janitorial tasks as needed including trash removal and cleaning and maintenance of trash compactors
- Perform snow removal using hand tools and/or snow removal equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in repair, maintenance, and replacement in the areas of carpentry, painting, plumbing, glass replacement, masonry, appliance repair, HVAC, electrical wiring and basic locksmith knowledge
- Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks, including but not limited to climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods, lifting and carrying boxes up to 50 lbs, tools, equipment, and building materials
- Ability to maintain and utilize a variety of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures related to building and construction
- Ability to read blueprints is helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Entry-level computer skills
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis
- Accept training to obtain necessary certificates
- Able to speak, read and understand English
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.