Manager- Alumni Affairs and Development
JOB TITLE: Manager
DEPARTMENT: Alumni Affairs and Development
REPORTS TO: Director, Alumni Affairs and Development
POSITION OVERVIEW: Assist with a comprehensive alumni relations and development program, cultivating and building sustained relationships between the College and its international alumni network and other interested constituent groups. Areas of focus include managing and implementing a range of alumni and development content and communications, providing support of events, programs and engagement initiatives, tracking alumni accomplishments and engagement, and reporting engagement statistics and outcomes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Manage all aspects of alumni and development communications.
● Produce and disseminate communications including monthly alumni e-newsletter, email blasts, brochures, event invitations, development solicitation and acknowledgment mailings, and Visual Arts Journal content; coordinate with academic departments as needed in support of their direct alumni communication and outreach.
● Oversee and leverage Alumni Affairs and SVA Alumni Society web presence including administering related content on sva.edu and the department social media outlets including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
● Assist with the production of alumni programming, special events and exhibitions, including local, regional and international programming.
● Assist with alumni services and benefits such as insurance and discount programs.
● Manage the collection and tracking of significant accomplishments of our graduates.
● Ensure thorough documentation of communications and interactions with alumni and donors in the Raiser’s Edge database.
● Ensure thorough tracking of alumni engagement and participation at various events and programs.
● Assist with overseeing the health and maintenance of the alumni and donor database, including implementing strategies that provide accurate and enhanced alumni and donor contact information.
● Produce annual assessment report of alumni participation and engagement.
● Provide assistance to Director and Associate Director as needed and complete projects and duties as assigned.
● Work some extended hours on evenings and weekends, as required, including department events.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Minimum 5 years administrative experience in not for profit or higher-education alumni relations and development. Special interest in or focus on communications preferred.
● Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office Suite, Google G Suite and online content management systems. Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and HTML a plus. Knowledge of Blackbaud suite of products a plus, including the Events and Membership modules.
● Proficiency in a variety of social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills required.
● Experience in planning and executing special events.
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, creative self-starter capable of working on a team and independently. A high level of initiative and follow-through desired.
● Propensity for creative problem solving and the ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines.
● Able to represent the College and the department in a professional manner.
● Familiarity with visual arts and design industries preferred.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins or calls please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.