POSITION OVERVIEW: Provides administrative support, primarily to the operations manager, but also as needed to the director and exhibitions manager.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm (Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm, in absence of Gallery Assistant)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports operations manager with exhibition information, databases, image files, budgets, etc.
- Assists exhibitions manager with exhibition design, student and departmental correspondence, preparation of digital assets for public display, and upkeep of exhibition documents
- Coordinates all programming for Galleries call for entries and select student group exhibitions
- Updates Galleries webpages and social media channels with the Gallery Assistant and Operations Manager
- Builds and maintains event pages for all Galleries-related exhibitions on the SVA website
- Generates artwork captions, exhibition checklists, wall labels, press materials, and other exhibition materials as required
- Coordinates photo documentation of student and invitational exhibitions
- Works with Operations Manager to coordinate exhibition catalog publications, mail processing forms, purchase requisitions, and check requests
- Liaises with Communication and academic departments regarding exhibition information, press releases, webpages, and general Galleries information
- Prepares Galleries mailings (digital and physical) and schedules announcements
- Supervises, trains, schedules and completes paperwork for student assistants
- Maintains exhibition equipment inventory in collaboration with Exhibitions team
- Responsible for purchasing supplies and maintaining storage areas
- Regularly inspects four SVA galleries to ensure professional appearance exhibitions
- In absence of Gallery Assistant, serves as a receptionist at the SVA Chelsea Gallery
- Ability to work some evenings as required
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years of prior administrative experience required
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Word and Photoshop; knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic photo editing; familiarity with Google Workspace and SketchUp preferred
- Knowledge of HTML and web-based CMS systems to create and edit online exhibition pages
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to prioritize
- Positive, professional demeanor and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and vigilance
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of art history and contemporary visual arts
- Ability to photograph exhibitions a plus
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1967383-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.