Work Schedule: Weekday evenings and Weekends up to 30 hours.
Total: 30 hours/week
We are looking for a well-versed individual in Mac print production to coordinate and support the Digital Imaging Center's (DIC) Riso MF9540, Epson 9000, Canon Imagepress, and KIP printers.
- Assist with the Riso workshops
- Provide assistance with basic graphic design as
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and parts needed for
- Complete all required paperwork, print requests, documents, etc. to keep job ticket information complete, accurate and
- Participate in training activities, committees, or other special assignments as
- Flexible schedule to work various situations with the possibility of overtime.
- Work well under pressure and interface with various departments throughout the
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the systems
- Build collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staﬀ.
- Working in a fast-paced production environment using Apple programs, job layout, basic graphic design, and a high level of customer interface and
- Knowledge of a wide variety of programs (both Mac & PC) used in graphics design and Skilled in use of desktop publishing, design layout, and form creation.
- Basic to intermediate experience using Adobe Master Suite, speciﬁcally Photoshop, InDesign, and
- Knowledge of internal workings of a printing facility and/or pressroom including pre-press work with graphic arts, direct to plate output, and operation of an RIP Station, pica pole,
e-scale, paper cutting, type elements, measurements, and PMS color system, ﬁlm, plate, and pressroom speciﬁcations.
- Knowledge of CYMK, RGB spectrum, and calibrating all printers throughout the
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and eager to learn new
- Comprehensive knowledge in: printing papers, printing inks, and other
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a print environment is a
- Art background is highly
- Have a strong customer service
- Strong organizational
- Experience working in a fast-paced
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to be
- Knowledge of paper types and weights (cover stock, vellum, etc).
- High school Relevant training (e.g., production courses) would be an advantage.
To apply please click on the link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1876471-318331
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.