COVID-19 Update: Classes Continue Online; Building Closures begin 3/23
Read the latest on SVA's response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Production Office Evening Supervisor - BFA Film
The position supervisors the evening operations of the production office and requires lifting equipment
Friday 12 noon–8pm
Occasional Saturdays for department events
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the work flow of the production office evening operations including incoming and outgoing class and student equipment orders
- Delegates responsibilities to the evening staff
- Problem-solves evening production office and studio matters
- Reports all evening activities to production office manager
- Communicates daily with production office floor and studio supervisors
- Assures all student and evening class needs are met
- Prepares equipment packages for students and morning production classes
- Checks larger equipment returns
- Assists with preparing equipment needs for special school events
- Assist in training student workers and new full-time staff members
- Oversees front window evening activities
- Secures all film department facilities at night before closing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Two to three years’ experience in a film-related environment
- Strong knowledge of camera, sound, lighting and film production procedure and terminology
- Ability to supervise, motivate and work as a team player
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Mac/PC environment
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for more than seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, a dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprising 7,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 38,000 alumni in 75 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world. For more information about the College’s 31 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and Continuing Education division, visit sva.edu.
Learn more about working at SVA.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.