The MFA Fine Arts Department at the School of Visual Arts seeks a dynamic, creative Program Coordinator with strong communication and organizational skills and experience working in an academic art department or arts organization. The Program Coordinator organizes the department’s exhibitions and events, coordinates guest speakers and studio visitors, manages internal and external communications, and works collaboratively with other departmental staff on admissions, recruiting, and academic affairs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Organize annual exhibitions, including thesis and alumni shows, participation in art fairs, and other exhibition opportunities.
● Work with Chair to select exhibition venues and curators.
● Supervise curators and manage relationships venues and other partners, including contracts and license agreements.
● Coordinate with Assistant to the Chair to facilitate payment of fees and rents.
● Oversee design of promotional materials and exhibition didactics.
● Promote exhibitions.
● Organize openings, panels, and other exhibition-related events.
● Select and supervise student workers.
● Oversee transport, registration, installation, and deinstallation.
● Oversee documentation and exhibition-related publications.
● Plan, coordinate, and attend regular events, including orientation for new students, open studios, mixers, holiday parties, and end-of-year gatherings.
● Plan, coordinate, and attend special events as needed.
● Work with Chair to select venues and vendors as needed.
● Organize catering for faculty meetings, annual reviews, and other events as needed.
Guest Speakers and Studio Visits
● Work with Chair to select and invite speakers and studio visitors.
● Coordinate schedules, ensure distribution of release forms and payment documents.
● Coordinate with Assistant to the Chair to facilitate payment of honoraria.
● Oversee design, printing, and distribute posters for talks.
● Greet speakers and visitors, facilitate visits.
● Coordinate video recording of talks and online distribution of videos.
● Manage departmental web presence.
● Manage departmental email lists, including those for faculty, students, alumni, and friends.
● Schedule, draft and distribute announcements via email platforms.
● Manage department’s social media accounts.
● Edit departmental brochure.
● Manage production of promotional items.
● Liaise with SVA Communications on press releases and media relations.
● Assist with Admissions.
● Assist with Annual Reviews.
● Attend graduate portfolio days and other recruiting events.
● Facilitate student and alumni employment, internships, and other opportunities.
● Coordinate with other departments at SVA, such as Health Services and Career Services, to provide workshops and other activities for students.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Experience working collaboratively with other team members.
● Knowledge of contemporary art and related professional practices.
● Experience working in an academic art department or arts organization.
● Experience managing online communications, including websites, email lists, and official social media accounts.
● High level of proficiency in administrative software, including OS X and Google Apps.
● MFA or MA in art or a related field required.
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1942126-318330
Please send a cover letter and resume.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.