POSITION OVERVIEW: Practicing within the scope of RN license; provide case management, health promotion, health coaching, and appropriate referrals to undergraduate and graduate students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consult as needed regarding policies and procedures.
· Proactively keep informed about college health and public health issues.
· Actively participate in case meetings and other staff meetings
· Provide coverage when Associate Director is not available at Students at Risk, Emergency Management Committee, and other meetings as needed
· Maintain and develop appropriate community referrals.
· Oversee immunization compliance and insurance program.
· Create an offering of health promotion and awareness events to reach a diverse student artist community. Plan and participate in health-related student trainings and Orientation programs.
· Collaborate with staff to identify current student needs and how to best reach the student population. Develop and enhance programs to address those needs.
· Attend conferences, lectures, and take courses to keep informed of current information and trends.
· Assess students and make referrals based on their presenting problem.
· Provide health education and wellness coaching for students.
· Provide follow-up contact for students who have medically-related Incident Reports filed.
· Maintain accurate records: documenting visits, calls, and emails with SOAP notes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Must hold active New York State Registered Professional Nurse license.
· Requires an integrative approach previous and multi-disciplinary professional nursing experience. A strong emphasis is placed on assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and increasing patient understanding of illness through teaching in a diverse clinical environment.
· Excellent assessment, communication, and people skills. Sensitivity to and ability to learn about special populations which includes cultural diversity as well as artists’ special concerns.
· Ability to establish, build, and maintain effective working relationships based on respect, empathy, and honesty with diverse groups and individuals especially those in distress.
· Ability to work independently and proactively seek assistance.
· Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Full computer literacy.
· Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Public Health (MPH) degree preferred.
· Preference will go to candidates with experience in College Health Nursing or with board certification in a related specialty area.
· Experience working with adolescents and/or a college student population.
· Professional fluency in a second or multiple languages.
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1551941/NY-New-York/New-York/Registered-Nurse . Please submit a resume and cover letter.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.