POSITION OVERVIEW: Practicing within the scope of RN license; provide case management, health promotion, health coaching, and appropriate referrals to undergraduate and graduate students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consult as needed regarding policies and procedures.
· Proactively keep informed about college health and public health issues.
· Actively participate in case meetings and other staff meetings
· Provide coverage when Associate Director is not available at Students at Risk, Emergency Management Committee, and other meetings as needed
· Maintain and develop appropriate community referrals.
· Oversee immunization compliance and insurance program.
· Create an offering of health promotion and awareness events to reach a diverse student artist community. Plan and participate in health-related student trainings and Orientation programs.
· Collaborate with staff to identify current student needs and how to best reach the student population. Develop and enhance programs to address those needs.
· Attend conferences, lectures, and take courses to keep informed of current information and trends.
· Assess students and make referrals based on their presenting problem.
· Provide health education and wellness coaching for students.
· Provide follow-up contact for students who have medically-related Incident Reports filed.
· Maintain accurate records: documenting visits, calls, and emails with SOAP notes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Must hold active New York State Registered Professional Nurse license.
· Requires an integrative approach previous and multi-disciplinary professional nursing experience. A strong emphasis is placed on assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and increasing patient understanding of illness through teaching in a diverse clinical environment.
· Excellent assessment, communication, and people skills. Sensitivity to and ability to learn about special populations which includes cultural diversity as well as artists’ special concerns.
· Ability to establish, build, and maintain effective working relationships based on respect, empathy, and honesty with diverse groups and individuals especially those in distress.
· Ability to work independently and proactively seek assistance.
· Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Full computer literacy.
· Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Public Health (MPH) degree preferred.
· Preference will go to candidates with experience in College Health Nursing or with board certification in a related specialty area.
· Experience working with adolescents and/or a college student population.
· Professional fluency in a second or multiple languages.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.