POSITION OVERVIEW: Assist in the development and implementation of a residence life program for the First Year Residential Experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall administration of a first year student residence hall that houses approximately 325 first year students.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, supervision and evaluation of 10 Resident Assistants.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings; organize staff development activities
- Have regular one-on-one meetings with student staff.
- Maintain office hours at the Office of Residence Life
- Oversee building maintenance and repairs, maintain building inventory, and key logs.
- Implement and oversee building check-in and check-out processes.
- Organize and implement yearly room inspections, set standards for student billing, and provide information to facilities for cleaning and upkeep for all student rooms.
- Develop and enforce standard of living policies in the residence halls.
- Serve on an on call basis and respond to any crisis or emergency situations.
- Responsible for crisis intervention, conflict mediation and regulated follow up procedures.
- Serve as a hearing officer for judicial and disciplinary cases.
- Participate in COVID-19 related duties, including, but not limited to resident quarantine support (remote meetings; food delivery) and resident COVID testing support and follow-up.
- Execute in-person residence hall responsibilities (vacant room inspections/turn-over, check-in and checkout process oversight, building rounds, emergency on-call response) within state social distancing guidelines and while utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Reside in the allocated residence hall apartment as the primary residence for emergency response duties and responsibilities and other onsite supervision processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree required
- Two or more years residence life experience
- Supervision experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Please click on the link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1736023-316633.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
No walk-ins or phone calls.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.