SVA Responds to COVID-19
Read the latest on SVA’s response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Residence Hall Director (Ludlow Residence)
Position Overview: Assist in the development and implementation of a residence life program for the Ludlow Residence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall administration of SVA Ludlow Residence, housing approximately 350 students including non-SVA leasees
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, supervision and evaluation of 12-15 Resident Assistants.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings; organize staff development activities
- Have regular one-on-one meetings with student staff.
- Maintain office hours at the Office of Residence Life
- Oversee building maintenance and repairs, maintain building inventory, and key logs.
- Implement and oversee building check-in and check-out processes.
- Organize and implement yearly room inspections, set standards for student billing, and provide information to facilities for cleaning and upkeep for all student rooms.
- Develop and enforce standard of living policies in the residence halls.
- Serve on an on call basis and respond to any crisis or emergency situations.
- Responsible for crisis intervention, conflict mediation and regulated follow up procedures.
- Serve as a hearing officer for judicial and disciplinary cases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree required
- Two or more years residence life experience
- Supervision experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the College has instituted numerous educational innovations, including the selection of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields as instructors. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose. Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No walk-ins please. The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.