Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator
Position Overview: Facilitate payment to vendors and employees while protecting company assets. Ensure that there are no duplicate payments, and that payments are made timely to capture discounts, if offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for assigned vendors.
· Enter invoices and contact vendors.
· Research and resolve discrepancies.
· Follow-up on all vendor inquiries.
· Responsible for review of daily voucher processing.
· Assist staff with related issues when necessary.
· Keep meaningful notes of all actions taken, and make AP Supervisor aware of any problems and/or potential problems.
· Participate in weekly and monthly check processing and distribution.
· Maintain weekly Check Request, Guest Lecturer, and T&E Reports.
· Maintain weekly A/P Aging on Excel Spread Sheet.
· Maintain on-line update of all vendor files.
· Maintain paid vendor files, including vendor email addresses in Colleague.
· Generate and maintain report registers.
· Work on special projects as required.
· Assist in 1099 preparation.
· Assist in Image Now conversion.
· Back up co-workers when they are out of the office.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors and peers
· Associate Degree in accounting preferred.
· 5+ years of accounts payable related experience.
· Knowledge of MS Word and Excel, mandatory
· Computer Knowledge – Colleague System preferred, but not necessary.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience with image capture software preferred.
All cover letters and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer