WORK SCHEDULE: Part Time 21 hours/week
POSITION OVERVIEWThe System Support Specialist provides software, hardware, and peripheral support to students, and faculty, while maintaining positive, professional relationships.
Systems, Inventory, & Facilities Management:
● Manage the network servers and lab electronics including peripherals, printers and other classroom equipment
● Configure and maintain the department server and manage user accounts for equipment check out system (Filemaker)
● Installation and maintenance of all computer software, hardware, and peripherals including troubleshooting and repair as needed
● Provide and maintain color management system between computers, monitors and printers
● Work with the AV department to maintain working order of the projector
● Maintain an inventory of all photo equipment- cameras, lenses, lighting and grip equipment as well as all lab hardware and software
● Manage off site equipment repairs
● Manage and order expendable inventory for studio, lab and office
● Manage use of technology and new media within department;
● Research and recommend new equipment purchases; Assist with budget preparation of equipment and supply purchases as needed
Administrative / Advertising / Promotion:
● Produce a department guide/booklet each year
● Create best practices workflow handouts for students
● Manage departmental calendars
● Maintain department social media channels and external accounts (Google Products, Vimeo, etc.)
● Develop and maintain departmental websites
● Assist Director in promotion of the program through social media and external advertising
● Coordinate the administrative needs for department events;work with the Director to follow through with event planning and execution
System Support Specialist will also provide guidance and support in the following areas:
● Assist students in use of departmental equipment and facilities
● Continually responsive to students in respect to desktop, software, hardware and peripheral technical support
● Ensure the implementation of departmental policies and procedures in regard to department labs, facilities and equipment
● Communicate with faculty and students to stay up to date with departmental needs
● Conduct workshops for incoming students on basic lab and studio usage
● Manage department assistants; Train student worker on checkout system and software and oversee
weekly tasks (studio maintenance, equipment testing and cleaning)
● Support the MPS Fashion Photography Dept with other special projects as needed including installation and support during department exhibitions
● BA in photography or related experience
● Familiar with Canon, Sony, Hasselblad digital cameras and lenses (photo and video)
● Working knowledge of lighting equipment including Profoto strobe, LED, Arri, Kino Flo systems + grip, lighting modifiers
Practical experience with:
● Server management
● Inventory Management through Filemaker
● Adobe suite - Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, In Design, Premiere
● Capture One, Phocus
● Knowledge of large format printing, ICC profiles; printing and scanning processes
● Mac / PC platforms
● Social media - Facebook, Instagram, Later, Twitter, Vimeo,, YouTube
● Squarespace web management and calendar booking
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit www.sva.edu/workingatsva.
Please click on the link to apply https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/sva/jobs/1574609/NY-New-York/New-York/System-Support-Specialist .
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.