Reports to: Associate Director, Visitor Services
Position Overview: Assist with coordination of on-campus events, daily in-person tours, and virtual tours. Coordinate the hiring and training of student tour guides and ambassadors. Maintain and manage database records.
Working Modality: This role requires onsite (in-person) work exclusively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Associate Director to hire, manage, and train student ambassador tour guides.
- Assist with planning and coordination of on-campus recruitment events, such as Open House, SVA Visit Days, and Accepted Students Day.
- Maintain the campus tour calendar, virtual tour calendar, and portfolio interview schedule on the SVA website.
- Answer incoming calls from the general public to Admissions, transfer and log calls to CRM as necessary. Respond to online chat inquiries.
- Receive and screen all visitors to the Admissions office located at the SVA Welcome Center.
- Respond to or relay student and parent inquiries received in the Admissions email and voicemail accounts daily.
- Provide general information to prospective students and applicants regarding the Admissions process. Answer general inquiries regarding Financial Aid, Student Health, Residence Life, Academic Advisement, and direct applicants to appropriate offices. Refer students by major of interest to Admissions Counselors.
- Distribute catalogs and any general SVA materials to the public as requested in person or by mail. Receive and input catalog requests for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Pre-College Programs.
- Maintain and update prospective student and applicant records in the Salesforce CRM. Maintain database records for special group and VIP tours.
- Monitor and maintain office supply of catalogs and department promotional materials.
- Provide phone training to staff and student workers.
- Bachelor's degree required; 1 to 2 years of related work experience required.
- Interest in and commitment to the goals of higher education.
- Must have strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience working in customer service and/or event planning is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and extremely busy phone and a chat activity in a professional, patient, and friendly manner.
- Strong computer and data entry skills are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google platforms, and Adobe Creative Suite are essential. Familiarity with Salesforce is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as office needs dictate.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position, please click on the link here.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.