We are looking for a weekend production assistant to support all aspects of print production.
The goal is to ensure production gets on smoothly and problem-free.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform administrative work (answering phones, paperwork, etc.)
- Schedule workshops for students and faculty.
- Undertake errands as assigned.
- Act as a runner distributing prints or items within departments.
- Assist the print studio managers.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work long hours in various conditions.
- Ability to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 50-80 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve defined goals on time.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Computer Savvy
- Physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma; Relevant training (e.g. production courses) will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Adobe Master Suite, Excel, Suite, and Rip software is a plus.
- Networking knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven customer service skills and understanding of high-end customer service requirements
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new processes
- Experience working in a fast-pace environment
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to be creative.
- Team player.
School of Visual Arts has been a leader in the education of artists, designers and creative professionals for nearly seven decades. With a faculty of distinguished working professionals, dynamic curriculum and an emphasis on critical thinking, SVA is a catalyst for innovation and social responsibility. Comprised of more than 6,000 students at its Manhattan campus and 35,000 alumni in 100 countries, SVA also represents one of the most influential artistic communities in the world.
To apply for this position, please click on the link here.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is a core principle of the College. SVA enjoys a community that represents a significant number of historically underrepresented communities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, gender identities, diverse abilities, and foreign countries, and all are encouraged to apply.