SVA Responds to COVID-19
Read the latest on SVA’s response to the coronavirus and find the resources you need.
Internship for Credit Program
SVA Career Development manages the College’s Internship for Credit Program, allowing qualified juniors, seniors and graduate students to gain hands-on experience working with creative professionals.
All applications must be submitted through SVA's CareerLink portal during the designated application cycle for each semester. Please review the guides — available under the Resources section of this page — before submitting an internship application.
**ATTENTION: Both of the Student Guides and the Employer's Guide were updated on April 13, 2020. Please make sure that you have downloaded and read the current versions. For INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, an updated Letter of Hire template is now included in your Guide. Please be sure to use this revised template for Summer 2020.**
The application cycle for the SUMMER 2020 semester is open from April 13 – June 5 on CareerLink.
Important Summer Internship for Credit Dates
- Online application opens: Monday, April 13
- FIRST DAY students may work: Tuesday, May 5, first day of summer semester (only if application and CPT are approved and processed)
- International students' application deadline in order to BEGIN work on May 5: Friday, April 17
- Online application closes: Friday, June 5
- Online internship course begins: Week of June 15
- All internship coursework due: Monday, August 10
- LAST DAY students may work at internship: Monday, August 24