Benefits & Resources
SVA Alumni Affairs is dedicated to advancing the cultural and educational best interests of its members. Through programs, publications, special events and promotions, the office maintains an active relationship with the alumni and encourages them to support the College’s mission to educate future generations of artists, designers, and creative professionals. All degree graduates of SVA are considered alumni.
As an SVA alumnus, a variety of valuable programs and services are available to you. View complete details below.
What SVA applications and networks do I still have access to after I graduate?
As an alumnus you have access to the following applications and networks:
- SVA email and G Suite
- Library computers
- Papercut, for printing at the library
How do I access these applications?
To access these applications, you must log in to the SVA network with myID, SVA’s new single sign-on (SSO) and multi-factor authentication (MFA) system.
Go to myid.sva.edu and log in with your SVA credentials. Follow the prompts to set up your account and configure the various MFA security factors. For additional detail, a step-by-step account setup guide is linked here and a step-by-step instructional video is available here.
Once logged in to myID, you can jump to any of the applications from the dashboard and be signed-in automatically.
What are my SVA myID credentials?
Your SVA myID credentials are the username and password you were given as a student, to login to your SVA email and other applications supported by the College. Your SVA myID credentials remain active ad infinitum after you graduate and you can use them to log in to SVA supported apps.
I don’t remember my SVA credentials or I didn’t have them as a student.
Send a request to the Alumni Affairs office by filling out this form. A staff person from SVA Alumni Affairs or Information Technology will contact you at the email address provided when your myID credentials issue has been resolved.
Using the SVA Libraries
SVA alumni have access to the SVA Libraries after graduation. You can use the library for quiet study, to browse books and other materials, and to use the library computer and printing services.
In order to take full advantage of the SVA library services, alumni must do the following before visiting:
1. Bring your alumni ID card: To enter the library, you must present your alumni ID card along with a valid photo ID. If you need an ID card immediately, you may visit the Alumni Affairs office, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
2. Know your SVA myID credentials: Your SVA myID credentials are the username and password you were given as a student, to login to your SVA email and other applications supported by the College. Your SVA myID credentials remain active ad infinitum after you graduate and you can use them to log in to library computers.
If you don’t remember your SVA myID credentials or did not have them as a student, submit a request to the Alumni Affairs office. A staff person from SVA Alumni Affairs or Information Technology will contact you when your credential issue has been resolved. This may take 1-2 business days.
Printing at the SVA Libraries
If you need to print at the library, you must log in to a library computer with your SVA myID credentials and print through the campus-wide Papercut system.
When your desktop appears, you will see a small message window from Papercut, showing your balance. To view your account details, add a payment card, or load more money to your account, click on the link in the message window that says “Account Details”.
If you do not see a message window, begin printing your document as you would normally. When you click print, Papercut will open and ask you to login. You should enter your SVA myID credentials that you used to login to the computer.
For all 1-sided B&W printing, the first 25 PAGES are free. Then it’s $0.05 per PAGE. For all double-sided B&W printing, the first 25 SIDES are free, then it’s $0.05 per SIDE.
All 1-sided color prints are $0.15 per page. All double-sided color prints are $0.20 per page.
- Invitations to exclusive networking mixers and events
- Invitations to Career Development Workshops and access to the online job board
- Lifetime access to SVA email
- Subscriptions to the alumni e-newsletter and the Visual Arts Journal
- Access to the SVA Library
- Access to the SVA-curated Kickstarter page
- Opportunity to receive an SVA Campus Store gift card through the ENCORE Used Electronics Exchange
- 20% tuition discount on continuing education courses (this discount does not apply to any fees associated with the course).
- 20% discount on SVA’s summer residency programs which offer artists, designers and creative thinkers time, space and a supportive community in which to develop ideas and focus on their artistic direction.
- Education pricing on all Apple products and 10% discount on SVA-branded products available through the SVA Campus Store. Contact the Campus Store at email@example.com or 212.592.2900 for more information.
- 20% discount at You-Do-You Studio. You-Do-You is a 1,000 sqft space fully equipped with ProFoto and Arri lighting gear (the same brands used at SVA). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 10% discount at DaVinci Artist Supply (with current alumni ID; restrictions apply)
- $100 discount on membership at Brooklyn Art Space (BAS)
- For help with federal student loan consolidations, repayment plans, budgeting and more contact Melinda Carr, Assistant Director of Debt Management, Office of Financial Aid, at email@example.com or 212.592.2504.
- Financial Aid TV: Financial Aid TV provides videos about loan repayment, credit scoring, and more.
- Solutions at ECMC: Solutions is a service of the non-profit organization ECMC (Educational Credit Management Corporation) and is dedicated to helping students manage educational loans. Their resources are available to you free of charge. To contact a Solutions Student Loan Repayment Advisor, email or web chat, ecmcsolutions.org, or call them at 877.331.3262.
SVA Alumni can access affordable health insurance programs through the SVA Alumni Health Insurance Exchange from JLBG Health, the nation’s largest provider of association health plans.
Through the SVA Alumni Health Insurance Exchange you can:
- Assess your situation and find out if you are eligible for subsidies.
- Shop for plans ON and OFF the Public Health Insurance Exchanges.
- Apply for the health plan of your choice with or without subsidies.
- Shop multiple quality carriers like: Blue Cross, Aetna, Assurant, Cigna, Humana and many others.
- Apply online or over the phone.
- No medical questions asked.
- All pre-existing conditions covered.
- Access to the Federal and State Marketplaces.
- Look at plans off the Exchange and decide what’s best.
- Non ACA qualified plans are also available for $1,000′s a year in savings (tax penalty may apply).
- Employers can give access to Employees to shop as well and may contribute to their premium but this is not mandatory.
Features are subject to state availability and may not apply to all members.
You can access the SVA Alumni Health Insurance Exchange online or call 866.860.4960 and speak with a licensed and certified Exchange Specialist.
SVA alumni are now eligible to enroll in the MetLife TakeAlong Dental insurance program. You can choose between two program options offering competitive prices and great benefits.
Home & Auto Insurance
As a valued School of Visual Arts Alumni Society member, we are pleased to announce that we have worked with MetLife Auto & Home to help you save on your auto and home insurance. You could receive hundreds of dollars in savings combined with a variety of group discounts. See how you can make the most of your membership with just one phone call. See how much you could start saving today! Call 877.491.5087 and mention your discount code: D3Y or click here for more information.
SVA alumni are invited to join SVA Portfolios, an exclusive and free network for students, alumni and faculty members offered through a partnership with Behance. SVA Portfolios allows members of the SVA community to create an online profile and multimedia gallery of projects for others to view and share. The projects are viewable on the Behance network as well as on SVA Portfolios, giving users significant exposure.
Please Note: You must have an active SVA email address to join the SVA Portfolios network. If you do not have an active SVA email address go to the “SVA Alumni Login and SVA Email” section of this page or send a request to the Alumni Affairs office by filling out this form.
How to join SVA Portfolios:
1. Go to portfolios.sva.edu
2. Click on Sign-up & Showcase Your Work
3. Create an Adobe ID by filling in your first name, last name and preferred email address, and creating a password. If you already have an Adobe ID, click on Sign In beneath the form
4. Confirm your SVA credentials by selecting your status (Alumni) and entering your SVA email address. Click Continue.
5. Provide your degree and status again and click Continue to complete the process.
All alumni are eligible for an SVA alumni ID card. Your alumni ID card gives you access to the SVA libraries and alumni model drawing sessions, and can be used to receive a 10% discount at DaVinci Artist Supply. A valid photo ID may be required along with your alumni ID to gain access to these services.
In order to obtain your alumni ID card, you must submit a request:
- Go to sva.edu/alumni-id
- Fill out and submit the request form with your current email and mailing addresses
- Allow 10-14 business days for processing and delivery through USPS
- When you receive the card, please sign, detach and present the card as requested
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.